Many of you have been asking "Just how did you make that wreath?"
So, Here is my first attempt at a tutorial. Your feedback would be appreciated!
This wreath is an extension of my interpretation of the ornament on the front of the Stampin Up Holiday catalogue. The ornament is 3d, and my wreath - though 3d in nature, is designed for a one sided view - so I will say that it is 2d!
The project took me well over 10 hours to do. Mind you, I was in a room with a bunch of ladies, so perhaps a little chatter was going on.
The first step was to cut out all the "ornament" pieces. I did this two ways.
1. I stamped the images with the Ornament Keepsakes stamps
2. I used Designer Paper (or DSP - designer series paper) and just cut out the ornament shape
As you can see from the first picture, for each vien in each "flower" I had to cut 3 pieces. And for the wreath, I used 3 different shapes. The second picture above shows you the final 3 types of pieces that made up this wreath.
Taking a step back, after you have cut the 3 pieces for one vein, score each piece in half, then glue your second and third piece to either side of the third piece, and you end up with a flat back. Do not glue it so ethat you have the 3d effect.
The number of glued pieces I ended up with are: (from the second picture)
small red: this is used in both flower types so I needed to complete 8 flowers using this piece.
I cut 96 small red pieces, using 3 for each vein, to get 32 final pieces to work with in each flower
For the middle piece I used DSP. So I did not have to stamp first, I just cut out the pieces.
I used this in four flowers, I needed 12 per flower - so I cut 48 pieces.
And the same for the large piece, except that I stamped this one. I used gumball green for my colour.
Overall, I had eight "flowers", 4 of each design. Then starts the assembly.
I cut a 3 inch circle of paper, and stuck a 2.5 inch glubber or Stampin Up jumbo round on the paper.
Next I applied the Cherry Cobbler tulle generously around the Glubber.
Then I added the smaller pieces to fill out the flower. This is the same for the other style as well. In the end, you end up with eight stand alone pieces that can be use for corsages, card fronts, or glued together for a full 3d effect.
Now to start filling in your flower. I cut about 3 inches of tulle, and rolled it into a cone type shape. Using the 3 in 1, I glued it in between each green and red piece.
From here, it's easy! Just glue each of the flowers onto a styro foam shape. I used the floral green purchased at my local Micheals store. To hang it, I used the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and wrapped it around the top of the wreath.
I hope you enjoy making yours and much as I did making mine!
Merry Christmas to all!